Friday 26 August 2016

August Garden

    Last fall my husband finally gave in to my idea of putting a shrub border along our back fence. So over the winter and early spring, I worked on digging out the grass a little at a time. I made it nice and wide, unlike the east border that came with our home. I forgot to take some before pictures but I have some pictures from later on. Unfortunately, by digging up the grass in this area, it sent out an invitation to our neighbor's horsetail collection to just come on over to our side. So between that and the bindweed that's creeping in, this border will keep me busy, ha ha. I've also added some pictures of my Soraya Sunflowers, Zinnias and our new kitten Oliver. I am looking forward to the cooler days of autumn ahead and happy gardening!

New Border

Practice run of laying in the edging

All done

Right corner of the border

Soraya Sunflower

California Giant Zinnias

Zinnia

Oliver our new kitten

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading your comments and appreciate the time it takes you to write them. In the past I have had word verification turned off but due to the amount of spam comments, I have now turned it on. I hope it won't keep you from posting.