Thursday 3 November 2011

Autumn Color

 "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower"  by Albert Camus is one of my favorite fall quotes, and so very true in the case of many trees, shrubs, and even perennials. I grabbed my little camera and walked around my yard snapping photos of fall color. I even found a few flowers still blooming, including hydrangea flowers long past their prime but still looking lovely. Had a hard time choosing between photos, so there are many. What is your favorite plant for fall color?
Hydrangea
Hydrangea
Path to the Back Yard
Burning Bush
Burning Bush Leaves
Enkianthus
Enkianthus
Geranium Leaves
Balloon Flower Leaves
Hansa Rose Leaves
Spriea
Spriea Leaves
Viburnum
Yarrow
Feverfew
Mystery Plant, is it fennel?
Persicaria affinis
Houttuynia Leaves are this color year round

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos...you have a wonderful yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I love the Hydrangeas and how they change colour in the fall. So much to see and so many lovely trees right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, they are much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have wonderful fall things in your garden. I am jealous and need to start thinking what to add that would make my garden better next fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo shoot. That pathway you got there is a work of art. It reminds of of the beach.

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading your comments and appreciate the time it takes you to write them. In the past I have had word verification turned off but due to the amount of spam comments, I have now turned it on. I hope it won't keep you from posting.